Thursday, February 25, 2010

Unpacking, painting and calling it HOME!

Chet and I have really started to make the house feel like our own.  We painted (and by "we" I mean ME!) the kitchen completely pale yellow with one wall a darker shade of yellow and hung a bunch of wedding photos and trinkets.  And with the significant size of this room, that was no small task!  Allison and Abby helped me for a couple of hours but I have spent most of the last 3 weekends painting!  I am really looking forward to completing the room with a large western style table that will seat 8! The center bath is now also yellow and decorated in a sea shell theme.  The living room has a bright blue wall and we have added a new man chair, coffee table and matching side table.  We also have a new TV, entertainment center and additonal seating coming soon!  The master bedroom now has a red accent wall and we have picked out new furniture for that room as well!
We still have many things on our TO DO LIST but we are enjoying the time we spend making the house feel like our home.  The driveway is getting new gravel and we plan to add a walkway to the house, instead of the mud land it is now.  The lingering winter weather is not helping with the wettness but spring is just around the corner! 

Friday, our cat, had been enjoying the transition to being a country cat.  She is however terrified of the geese that frequent the pond next door and has often come flying back inside when one honks in her direction.  She also spent an entire day way up in a tree on our neighbors property.  I am not sure how she got there in the first place, though I suspect some of the local dogs that wander around may have chased her there.  After several hours of her suspended out on a very long branch more than 30 ft up my new neighbor was finally able to reach her using a very rusty ladder and basicilly risking his own neck!  I think her outdoor time will hence be limited....

Chet had began plans to convert the large outdoor shelter into his work shop.  We learned that this large, metal round building was orignially part of dam and 2 bulldozers brought it to the property to be used as a tornado shelter.  It has been cemented into the ground so it is my safe haven! 

My favorite time of day has been in the early quiet mornings while I get ready for work. The masterbath room and backdoor look to the east so I watch the sunrise on the hill and peek through the scattered trees.  It really confirms that this place is where I am meant to be and I enjoy the brillant view.  I know God had a great plan that led me here, and I am blessed with a wonderful house and loving husband. 

Things are moving along nicely and we have a lot of plans this spring to put some work in outdoor landscapping and gardening projects.  And best yet - we are planning a spring house warming party!  Look for more details soon and can't wait to see you come visit!  In the meantime we love visitors so please give us a call if you want to stop in!

No comments:

Post a Comment