Friday, March 18, 2011

2 weeks till we get our next peek!

With the big ultrasound coming up in two weeks I am getting really excited!  Although, I am nervous baby Skimbo won't cooperate with the pictures, I am really hoping we learn the sex of the baby at that appointment.  I have heard a couple stories lately of babies that had crossed legs or couldn't be positioned right to determine sex. Since this is the last ultrasound covered by my insurance I hope it will work out! I have started giving baby Skimbo pep talks about spreading those knees!  Chet thinks it's funny that I talk to the baby (well, I talk to the kittens too so why not the baby?)  I have resisted the urge to buy anything baby yet (go me!) and really haven't put together our registry until I know if it's going to be a girl or a boy!  But I  have decided on our "themes".  Wyatt will get an wild west/cowboy theme nursery and Suzy will get a Peter Pan/Tinkerball theme.   My little sister Juli is coming to Oklahoma in about a month to help me paint the nursery!  I am so excited to see her and show her our house.  Despite how much we look alike Juli and I have been opposites since day one.  Even today she is living and working in the big city of Philadelphia and I live on a dirt road out in the country of Oklahoma.  But lucky for me, we get along much better now that we are older and I am really looking forward to spending time with her and getting some help making the bland room into a nursery. 

I am noticing some odd cravings, but I usually give in.  Heck, why not!
Sonic cheese burgers - this one is really all Chet's fault because he is the one who introduced me to them.
Coke or Dr. Pepper frozen slushies - random I know, but on a warm day these hit the spot!  And I could pretty much drink one any time of day. 
Donuts - well I have to admit I have ALWAYS been a donut girl but lately the mini white powder or chocolate have been amazing.  It's no Yum Yum donut but it will have to do until I get to Quakertown in June.
Zesty Pickles - classic pregnancy craving right?  But to be honest I have always liked these pickles but lately I want them all the time!  So good.....
Fruit - thankfully at least one of my cravings has been good for me.  I am flying through apples, plums, oranges, bananas... and really looking forward to watermelon, cherry and strawberry season this summmer.

I have not been able to really feel the baby yet, but I suspect I felt something a couple of times.  Similar to a swoosh of water but I can't be sure that was the baby or not.  I still get fat ankles just about every day.  I will have to post some pictures to show you how bad it gets - like sumo wrestler ankles!
But this week I have really noticed coccyx pain.  That's a fancy way of saying my butt bone really hurts.  Some pregnant women experience this because of how your weight shifts to make room for baby or if the baby is pressing on a nerve.  It's particularly unpleasant because I sit at my desk for most of the day and sitting is painful.  Yesterday I literally spend some time knelling at my desk because it hurt too much to sit!  I have been prone to taking some walks and stretching and I plan to swap my desk chair for an yoga ball soon to help re-shift my baby weight and elevate the pain. 

I was also lucky enough to get to Tulsa/Claremore last weekend to visit my In laws and do some shopping!  I got some great bulbs to plant and maternity clothes as well.  I call them my "fat clothes" becuase I got some full panel pieces for this summer when the belly will really start to poke out.  For now I am getting by with some of my less fitted tops and stretchy waistband pants.  I have a decent assortment of clothes to last me the summer thanks to hand me downs and finding some good deals.


I am loving checking in with the Team Suzy or Team Wyatt poll - and surprisingly with 42 votes Wyatt has a small lead.  Feel free to keep voting - only 14 more days till we (hopefully) will know for sure!


Coming soon - week 15 and 16 belly pictures!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment