Friday, April 15, 2011

And the beat goes on!

17 weeks

18 weeks

19 weeks

20 weeks - half way mark!
Finally hit the 20 week mark!  Definitely feeling much bigger, but most of the unpleasant symptoms have passed!  Starting to get to work on preparing the house and nursery for little Suzy!  Aunt Juli is coming to Oklahoma this weekend and we are painting Suzy's room and getting registered for baby things! 

Feeling lots of movements now, kicks and bumps almost every day!  I even felt her roll a few times, which is a very odd sensation but I am loving it.  She responds to sugar, and after I have a snack I usually feel her bumping around shortly after.  Especially jello!  We call her our little jello jiggler because she really gets active after I enjoy some jello!  I guess what surprises me most about feeling movement is how overwhelmed I feel with love for her after I feel her moving.  I am so excited to meet her! 

We also had our first tornadoes on the ground in Oklahoma yesterday.  Stillwater was supposed to get the storms and possibly a tornado but we didn't see anything other than some wind!  Not even one drop of rain which we desperately need!   It did make me think about restocking my emergency kits, and how I will need to add baby supplies next year.  Chet thinks this is silly, but I would rather have it and not need it than suffer a bad storm and be without supplies!  Besides, our storm shelter is so big we have plenty of room to add stuff!  So here's to another storm season!  I am getting better with the stress of severe weather, but it is still scary! 

Stay tuned for pictures of the nursery and Juli's visit!  It's going to be a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad yall missed out on the stormy weather, even though you needed the rain :( We unfortunately got pounded here in Texas. I spent the duration of the storm deciding where we would go if a tornado hit. Living on a third floor apartment doesn't leave us with many choices. I am thinking a storm shelter would be nice to have outside our building!!

    Have fun painting this weekend! We can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete