Monday, April 18, 2011

Painting for Baby Suzy

  It has been a fun weekend with my little sister Juli in town!  Although her flights didn't quite go as planned, she did make it and we have been making the most of our time together!  First project = painting the nursery.  I wanted to do something fun, bright and of course colorful for Suzy's room.  I choose green and pink as her color scheme.  Luckily the room started a neutral tan, so I decided to just add a white stripe and green wall.  Except for the fact that my walls are slightly textured which made a perfect tape seal impossible, it turned out great!
Before
Before


Step 1 - add tape and add white stripe
White stripe



Me and my fat ankles checking out the work!
Juli doing the finishing touches
Good work Aunt Juli!


Closet side of the room and my new 31 bag for diapers1
TA DA!   A work of art! 
Last step is to add some pink!  I plan to get some pink curtains and add pink bedding to the crib!  My mom and I are going to pick out a crib when I go to PA to visit in June.  Looking forward to all the decorating and baby stuff I can add to the room now!   Thanks to my sister this is one big project checked off the list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment